Creating a capsule wardrobe is all about curating a closet full of essentials. For winter, capsule wardrobes include pieces perfect for layering as well as garments that can be work for a variety of occasions. Here are five pieces you need in a winter capsule wardrobe:
· Turtlenecks: Chic and simple, turtlenecks are the foundation of a good winter wardrobe. Easily layered, they work with just about everything including long skirts and slacks, or even jeans for weekend errands.
· Knitwear: Depending where you live, knitwear comes in handy from late fall through early spring. Lightweight knits like cashmere are perfect for dressier events, or go for a chunky cable when you really want to get cozy.
· Trousers: A great companion to both boots and knits, trousers with heavier fabrics like brushed wool or flannel keep legs warm and comfortable, while also looking stylish.
· Black Dress: A staple regardless of the weather, a winter LBD works for evenings and special occasions. Look for long-sleeve silhouettes or dresses with warmer materials, such as velvet or cashmere to keep warm during the colder season.
· Coat: An obvious addition to any winter capsule wardrobe! Look for a heavy winter coat that stays timeless: a belted or double-breasted wool coat is one you’ll keep (and use) for years, so it’s worth the investment.
Creating a winter capsule wardrobe doesn’t have to be complicated. For longevity and budget, look for neutral colors and add a pop of style through accessories like jewelry or handbags!